The effects of the ongoing Corona Virus Global Pandemic resulted in losing Millions on Match revenues for major Clubs (like Liverpool Fc, Manchester United Fc, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid CF and so on).
Most Clubs are grappling even to meet the breakeven and therefore, forced to lower their operating Costs through various avenues.
Due to the current economic climate, a lot of the Clubs will need to sell Players first to strengthen their squad for the next Season.
This helps also to free up the wage bill and be on even keel with Financial Fair Play (FFP) Standards.
Some Clubs will look for Player Swap Options or seek to buy Players that are on the Final Year of their contract or sign Players who are Free Agents.
Besides, how can one improve the current Liverpool Fc (The Reds) squad? The reigning English, World and European Champions!
So, for the Reds 2020 Summer Transfer Window is all about being frugal and be prudent in buying proven quality Players for strengthening their squad.
Jürgen Klopp and Fenway Sports Group (FSG) prefer certain kind of Players who are young, hard working and versatile.
But, it will be quite difficult to find the ideal Player with a tight Transfer Budget especially in this economic climate.
The following are some of the Players linked with Liverpool Fc Summer Transfer Targets 2020:
- Lloyd Kelly: After getting relegated, AFC Bournemouth is set to lose a lot of their players on cut-prices.
The young Englishman is left footed capable of playing both in central defence as well as Left Back.
Verdict: Kelly is young with immense potential to improve under Klopp’s guidance. He can be a reliable cover for the tireless Andrew Robertson.
- Ismaïla Sarr: (Like AFC Bournemouth) Watford Fc will be consigned to lose a lot of their Players on cut-prices.
The young Senegalese primarily plays on the right wing. But he is more than capable of playing as Left Winger or as a Centre Forward.
Verdict: Sarr can someday replace the prolific Mohamed Salah. The young Senegalese is talented and blessed with blistering pace.
- Ben White: Back with his parent Club – Brighton & Hove Albion; the young Englishman had a brilliant season playing on a Season-long Loan for Leeds United by helping them get promoted to the Premier League after 16 Years.
Playing mainly as a Centre Back; he is often deployed as a Right Back or as a Defensive Midfielder and his versatility will be one of the many factors the Reds will be looking for.
Verdict: After Dejan Lovren left the Reds for FC Zenit Saint Petersburg (around July 2020); the Reds have only Joe Gomez, Joël Matip and Virgil Van Dijk as Senior Centre Back Options.
Joe Gomez already established a brilliant Centre Back Pairing with Virgil Van Dijk. But, the Reds are in need of a reliable 4th Centre Back as Backup.
But, White’s possible arrival may become a hindrance for Joe Gomez and Rhys Williams.
Other Notable Players:
- Thiago Alcântara: (May not fit FSG’s age requirement of young Player). The Spaniard is a proven World Class Creative Attacking Midfielder.
Thiago can provide the much needed creativity that lacks in the Reds Midfield. He can especially be effective playing against defensive minded sides (that looks to sit deep in numbers and attack on the break).
- Mario Gotze: A Player that Klopp is very familiar during their time with Borussia Dortmund. The 2014 World Cup Winner has won numerous trophies during his time with FC Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund but struggled with various fitness issues and injuries.
Perhaps joining the Reds might change the fortune of the German International and be a vital cog for the team.
Which Players do you think are Liverpool Fc Summer Transfer Targets 2020?